Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Where the Magic Begins

My mother turned 60 this year! Since she is the same age as Disneyland, we celebrated her big 50th birthday there, and, for her 60th this year, we couldn't think of a better place to celebrate--because there isn't a better place!!!

Disneyland is great! It smells, looks, feels, sounds, and tastes magical! Probably on purpose...to suck all of our money away! But...I can't lie and say I'm not sold! I've fallen into the magical Disney trap! The best part about is, I've taken my husband with me! It was his first experience of Disneyland and we're already excited about going back and planning on it as soon as possible!

Disneyland is truly magical and there is a big hype of excitement in going there, but, going this past weekend, I felt something more than just the hype. I felt contentment and a deeper joy and it took me until the next day to figure out why.

I'm currently living in my 15th home in my 9th city. I've moved for different reasons during my life and have had some good, along with some not so good moving-to-a-new-city experiences. Moving so much has made finding, let alone keeping, friends somewhat difficult for me to manage. I've recently read a book, though, that made me realize I need to cherish all of my "travels" up to this point in my life because every life moment I have experienced has made me into the person I am today. I am in a very very good place and I have the Lord to thank for that. My husband has a great deal to do with it, too, which I thank the Lord for!

That being said, the next day I woke up after experiencing Disney magic, it dawned on me why I love Disneyland so very much! Going to Disneyland felt like going to hang out with an old best friend I've known my whole life! Having something--a location--be stable for me all these years truly has an impact on me. It was such a feeling of nostalgia and bliss!

So now let the picture journey begin!

My first trip to the magical land in 1991 at 3 years old!
We still love the Matterhorn in 2015!
2nd trip to Disneyland at 9 years old
in 1998 with a broken foot...



Loving Splash Mountain but scared out
of our minds (besides my Dad) in 2005




Loving Matterhorn, but scared out of our minds again
(except Dad just chilling back there) in 2015

The magic saucers will always be a favorite of our family! We all fit in 1 saucer back in 1998!
Hardly fitting in 1 saucer now in 2015!
Enjoying the saucers again in 2005 for my mom's 50th!
I won $10 for this shot! She didn't think I could get a picture
of the 50th Mickey lantern with all the spinning!

1998
2005

1998
2003
2005
His first experience of "It's a Small World" -- 2015
2015
Happy 50th birthday to Mom!!!
Happy 60th birthday to Mom!!!
50th celebration Mickey & Minnie!
60th celebration Mickey!

And now for some more favorite memories from Mom's 60th celebration at Disneyland this past weekend:


Always fans of "It's a Small World"
"It's a Small World" & all its glory!
Riding on the Columbia
Surviving my Dad's favorite ride, Indiana Jones!
"In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room!"
Best candid of bonking heads accidentally
Tinkerbell & Peter Pan in the new parade!
The most magical parade I've ever seen!
Princess Belle!!!
Of course, Elsa & Anna...
Something new for us this trip...finding this bench Walt Disney used to sit in at the park (in the opera house on Main Street)
Purely magical
Never wanted the night to end....

Let's go back, let's go back, let's go back!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photos! Love our "looks through the ages." At least our wardrobe never really changed! So SO happy you guys had such a great time!!! :D

    ReplyDelete