Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Rain is Sunshine for My Soul (Original blog date: July 11, 2013)

Odd weather lately. One day scorching thermometer-bursting temperatures. The next, overcast, cold, muggy, and dark. I'm not much of a fan of the in between. I either want it one way or the other. I love the California sunshine--naturally born and raised in it. But rain.... Mmm. Mmmm mmmm MMMM! I LOVE RAIN.

Rolled out of bed late today. While I was getting ready I realized it smelled and looked like it was going to rain. I thought that would be too good to be true. Only to find out, when I stepped outside, it had just stopped raining. Oh me, oh my, oh dear, oh LOVE! 

This is narcissistic thinking, but whenever it rains, I feel like God does it just for me. :] 

He knows how much I adore rain. J'adore la pluie. 

Rain makes me happy. It excites me. It gives me energy. It makes me want to explore. It makes me want to go on adventures. Rain makes the world feel mysterious to me. 

You also get to wear boots and hold umbrellas. Who doesn't love that?!

Not to mention the lovely, fun, and playful puddles rain can make. Talk about releasing your inner child!

I will never grow out of loving rain.

One of the best parts about rain also is the fact that it makes working more exciting for me. It's like having caffeine and being overly productive and loving life, without actually having to have caffeine! Rain energizes me like none other.

I feel like it adds a dimension to life--to our world. If it's just sunny, then it's just sunny and people just live and don't think about it (unless it's too sunny and then you're hot and then you sweat and then it's just gross. Ew.). When it's rainy, though, people have to work around their schedules to fit the dynamic of rain into it. They have to adjust. They have to rethink plans. They have to figure out how to still be productive while water pours from the sky. It's so exciting! It's like a life challenge. :] 

Rain. Rain. Rain.

Rain makes life more lovely--more grand.

Take a book, for example. You can read a book on a sunny day and enjoy the book. But...if it's raining and you are reading a book, mmmmm! It adds so much dimension to the story I feel like! It is hard to explain, but I feel like rain can swing open the doors of the imagination. 

You can drink coffee, tea, or hot chocolate any day you like. But, what if you were drinking your hot beverage on a cold rainy morning? Gahhhhhh! SO much more enjoyable! 

You can take a bubble bath on any night you wish to. But, what if you were taking a bubble bath while you heard the rain pit-pat-pit-pat against the window? How muchmore enjoyable and lovely your time of relaxation would be! 

Sigh. 

Rain is good for the soul. It's sunshine for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment